I’ve been on a fresh cherry kick for the past couple of weeks. I started a new job today and thought I’d whip up a batch of brownies to take in with me. It never hurts to make a good first impression in as many ways as possible. Plus, I got to have a tasty treat on my first day in a new place!
Double Chocolate, Fresh Cherry & Toasted Almond Brownies
- 100 grams dark chocolate (I used Green & Black’s Dark 70% Cocoa), chopped (for the batter)
- 115 grams unsalted butter
- 100 grams white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp Madagascar vanilla
- dash of salt
- 70 grams plain flour
- about a cup of fresh cherries (pitted)
- 40 grams slivered almonds, toasted
- about a 60 grams dark chocolate chopped (to be added as chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C and butter an 8 x 8 pan.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a double boiler over simmering water.
- In a bowl, mix together the melted chocolate/butter with the sugar. Add a pinch of salt, eggs and vanilla. Add flour and mix. Fold in cherries, almonds and chopped chocolate.
- Pour the batter into greased pan and bake for 25-30 min.
- Casually leave in the break room and modestly accept the thanks of your new, besotted colleagues.