Well hey! I finished quilting all 161 squares and 60 triangles this weekend. I’m not really sure why there are an odd number of squares, but I did count them at least twice. During the quilting I’d noticed that some of the peach fabric squares in one of the nine patches were very threadbare and holey. I put a pin through it to remind me where they were. We slept underneath the quilt that night, fortunately not getting pricked.
I replaced them with some teeny ones using a buttonhole stitch around each one. I love the cute little animals on these 1930’s reproduction fabrics!
Then I washed it, ironed the prairie points flat and have put it back on our bed. The quilt on the wall is our wedding quilt Cleaved.
This has been such a fun and satisfying project that I am thinking about making another quilt. 🙂